Efficient's technology provides class-defining energy efficiency, while remaining fully programmable. Our patented reconfigurable dataflow processor architecture provides orders of magnitude improvement in energy consumption compared to existing CPUs and MCUs, while avoiding the inflexibility of non-programmable specialized hardware.
- 100x more efficient than MCUs
- 1000x lower power than GPUs
- Software programmable, as opposed to FPGAs or ASICs
Efficient’s energy efficiency stems from its novel energy-minimal reconfigurable dataflow architecture.
- Reconfigurable hardware
Our chips are reconfigurable at compile time for minimum energy use, while our dataflow execution model ensures high-performance spatial parallelism.
- Powerful software
Our versatile optimizing dataflow compiler drops into your project and optimally maps your programs to Efficient's computing fabric.
- Combined architectural advantage
Our software & hardware together creates an unparalleled advantage. No more relying on exotic materials, complex build steps, or custom chips.
- Bring your own code
All major embedded languages are supported. You can build rich intelligence applications that integrate AI/ML, signal processing, data analytics, and other general-purpose data processing computations.
- Solve a wide range of problems
Our extreme efficiency saves energy across many domains, including ML-enabled extreme-edge machine vision, continuous audio intelligence, and versatile sensory & signals intelligence.
- Developer tooling
We provide useful tooling for correctness & efficiency debugging, as well as power & performance estimation.
Efficient's technology is based on foundational work by top research scientists at some of the world's best universities.
- Programmable, energy-minimal computer architecturesby Graham GobieskiPhD thesis 2022
- RipTide: A programmable, energy-minimal dataflow compiler and architectureby Graham Gobieski, Souradip Ghosh, Marijn Heule, Todd Mowry, Tony Nowatzki, Nathan Beckmann, Brandon LuciaMICRO 2022
- SNAFU: An Ultra-Low-Power, Energy-Minimal CGRA-Generation Framework and Architectureby Graham Gobieski, Oguz Atli, Ken Mai, Brandon Lucia, Nathan BeckmannISCA 2021
- MANIC: An Energy-Efficient Architecture for Ultra-Low-Power Embedded Systemsby Graham Gobieski, Amolak Nagi, Nathan Serafin, Mehmet Meric Isgenc, Nathan Beckmann, Brandon LuciaMICRO 2019
- Intelligence Beyond the Edge: Inference on Intermittent Embedded Systemsby Graham Gobieski, Brandon Lucia, Nathan BeckmannASPLOS 2019
- Intermittent Deep Neural Network Inferenceby Graham Gobieski, Nathan Beckmann, Brandon LuciaSysML 2018